1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Body work needed for Prius.

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by katleman, Oct 23, 2006.

1. katleman

katleman New Member

My 06 Prius was in a minor collision, mostly damage to the front end. Still driveable, but the bumper, grill, and hood probably need replacing.

Any bay area recommendations?

I'm reading from the Toyota website that the only certified collision center is up in Berkley, which is quite a distance from San Jose. Worth sending the Prius up there or are there good shops in the south bay, just not certified? Piercy Toyota is recommending Auto West Collision. Another in mind is "A-Superior Collision Shop" in Campbell.

2. dancekat59

dancekat59 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just had some front end work done on my '06 Prius - bumper, grill, one fog light, AC condenser assembly, etc. I took it to Masters Autobody in Daly City. The quality of their work is superlative. They do the job right, down to to tiniest detail. They were highly rated in Bay Area Checkbook and are a part of AAA's Direct Repair Network. Excellent work and very nice people to deal with... and hey... they've just had some experience/practice working on a Prius with my car! ;)

3. LisaMarli

LisaMarli Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I get my work done at Michael and Company.

Details
    Michael & Co.
    351 Lincoln Ave
    San Jose CA

Work: 408-286-2988
    Work: http://www.michaelandcompany.com/

They are off West San Carlos, near Downtown.

They have a great AAA rating and I've been having everything done there for years. They do OEM and everything.

Including having my Toyota Prius left rear quarter repaired after an accident (they ran into me).

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Capital Collision is certified. that's where i had mine done. I wasn't happy with the work but unfortunetly i signed the " i'm happy" papers before i took a really good look. it's ok. but they don't know how to line up panels real well. i see bigger and smaller gaps.

check over your car and be sure to complain. their job is to make it like new.. not near new.