1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

body work question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by citrus, Aug 21, 2008.

1. citrus

citrus New Member

hi everyone. I live in Connecticut and unfortunately my Prius hit a cement wall, head-on, and damaged the front bumper & hood. I'm looking for quality repair work. USAA is the insurance company & they have recommended some body shops, however I'm wondering if it should be taken to the Toyota dealer for body repair? Any thoughts on where to get the best quality work in the Danbury area?

Thanks everyone!

Citrus

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Just because the dealer has a body shop doesn't mean it is better than an indy shop. My dealer doesn't even have a body shop. Do the usual checks. Shop should be clean and the paint booth should be immaculate. I presume you are getting a new bumper cover & hood that need to be painted. Any shop should be able to do this work. The hood is aluminum so keep the old one if you can & sell it for scrap.

3. citrus

citrus New Member

thanks for the advice in regard to the hood

4. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We had some fairly extensive damage from an accident and had a good result from the body shop at A1 Toyota in New Haven. Perhaps that's a little far for you, but if you can't find a good place close to you, they might be a good option.

5. Ken FL

Ken FL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 18 year old daughter had a slight accident in her 2012 Prius 3. We found replacement Bumper Cover, Grill and Driver side Fender all CAPA certified, paint matched to your paint code. She did all the work herself with YouTube assistance. Check Partify.store