1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Boom! My New Red Prius C3

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Heathjw, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Heathjw

Heathjw New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    After searching fruitlessly in the New York City region for a magnetic gray or blue streak C3, I finally expanded my search dustance to 200 miles from Manhattan, as well as a more color options. Friday night I found a C3 in "Absolutely Red" with moonroof in Pennsylvania at Team Toyota in Langhorne, PA, via edmunds.com (gave me the vin, all the options, totally awesome service for searching inventory ahead of going to the dealer). By early afternoon Saturday I had negotiated by phone to pay the sticker MSRP price for the car with a good financing rate. I got down there about a hour before closing and was helped by a fantastic staff to get my car and go home. Highly recommend them as a dealer, even if it's 80 miles or more away like it was for me.

Something to beware of when shopping is that some Toyota dealers will try to sell these at "Market" price due to their popularity. They will tell you that you can't get it anywhere for MSRP...not true. Toyota of Manhattan gave me a hell of a time trying to negotiate a price, finally I left when they said the BEST they could do was $2k over c3 sticker. Yeah right.

I've been wanting a Prius for over a year, and when the C came out I knew that was the model. The concept looked so awesome, and the production version was not far off. It's such an awesome car and I have enjoyed reading all the posts here about how much people love their cars.

I am so excited for my C3.

I am looking at getting the all-weather floor mats for protection (found them on amazon for a fraction of the price that Toyota sells them at). Anyone who lives in NYC or another urban area install a bumper bully or other rubber bumper protector on their C? Or the BumperShox from bumper protector? I would love to see a photo if so.

Thanks all for helping me with my buying decision. Happy to be part of this community now.

2. PreciousPups4U

PreciousPups4U New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Congrats on your purchase. Absolutely Red c1 here. It was the only one on the lot so no real choices. Would have loved to have had the c3 with the moonroof, but those are pretty rare around. here. Drove 96 miles (an hour and 45 minutes) to get mine. Also had a great experience at Town and Country Toyota in Charlotte, NC. It is actually the second car I have purchased there.

3. Absolutly Red Hot

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    You made the right choice. Absolutely Red is the best color by far. Enjoy. Mine is the good looking one on the right! Bent.jpg

4. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats!

5. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! Great looking car.

Funny - with all the Cs running around here - I've never seen one in Absolutely Red...:)

6. Heathjw

Heathjw New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    It is certainly a good looking color. I also got a deal pinstripe at no extra charge, which actually looks good. I did not think I would like it, but it is a nice addition.