1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Boston Globe looking for Calif. Prius owners to interview

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I received an email last night from Bobby Calvan, a correspondent for the Boston Globe who is doing a story on California's new Hybrid/HOV lane law. I believe Bobby is looking for reaction (positive or negative) to the outlook that the law will not be implemented anytime soon due to federal legislation.

If you would like to speak with Bobby, please give him a call at (916) 752-1659 or drop him an email at bobby (at) calvan.net.

Don't forget to mention PriusChat! :)

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You might have him read Jeff's post:
    Link
    Could add some interest to the article. CA can't do it, people up in arms (or whatever). But the senator might get Fed law changed for all states, but only for Prii, HCH and Insights (until someone makes another vehicle that crosses the EPA 45 MPG mark).

3. GreenSteve

GreenSteve Web Hosting Provider

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: Boston Globe looking for Calif. Prius owners to intervie

I exchanged messages with Mr Calvan this morning, but it seems I'm not the sort of Prius owner he wants to talk to, for obvious reasons.

He wants to talk to California Prius owners that commute to work. My daily commute consists of walking from my livingroom to my home office, about 15 feet. Yes, I do realize what a lucky guy I am.

So, if you are a California Prius owner and you do commute to work, especially on freeways that have carpool lanes, do get in touch with this gentleman.

Steve

4. Sev

Sev Junior Member

I spoke with Mr. Calvan at length this morning representing the Prius Club of San Diego. What he is specifically looking for is someone who bought their Prius largely because of the HOV lane bill so as to alleviate their commute problems. IF that person is very unhappy now and lives in the Bay Area they would be ideal. LA is ok too.

We did discuss the reasons most of us buy this technological marvel which was not because we might be able to drive solo in the HOV lanes!

5. cybele

cybele New Member

Sounds like a bizarre article.

The reporter is looking for someone who is unhappy that they bought a car based on the hope that a law will be passed sometime in the near future that would give them special preference? And all Prius buyers will be painted with this same brush that we want/expect elite treatment?

At the moment, I do commute from LA to San Pedro once a week in high-drive-time and would love to hop in the HOV lane (I've tried to find someone to commute with me, alas). It's a 28 mile trip each way and can take up to two hours. I'm not sure if I would take advantage of it though, as I don't really support the legislation. As far as I can tell, HOV lanes are to decrease congestion on our roads, not pollution.