1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Boston Red Sox

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Canuck, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.... well I'm not really sorry....
    I remember listening to the world series on the radio in 1947 with a young friend and his dad in Yarmouth Nova Scotia. ( Dad, a member of the Yarmouth Gateways had played against a professional team in Boston in the late 30's ) Anyway I've been a Red Sox fan for all these years, hoping they would finally win the series before I struck out.
    I don't think anyone can not congratulate the Sox, Red, that is.

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Let's see... Full lunar eclipse, Boston Red Sox win the World Series....

Y'know, if Sunnydale wasn't a hole in the ground, I'd assume another Armageddon and call Buffy.... :evillaugh:

But man, are the Sox due, in the karmic scheme of things. Congratulations Boston! :party: :party: :party:

3. tag

tag Senior Member

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [​IMG]

I'll admit to just becoming a Red Sox fan in the last year and half, ever since I visited Boston for the NCAA Tourney in '03. I've got a couple of college buddies who were born and raised up in Plymouth, and they are both flying home to be a part of the celebration.

I just wish they would have thrown the game last night so they could've won at home. Never seen fans storm a field in baseball :)

5. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

Well done, Red Sox! Each member of the victorious team (and Nomar, who was voted a full share) should get a Prius.

Of course they'll have to wait for it, :p but they are professionals.

(I never thought I'd see the day when "wait till next year" in Boston meant you were at a Toyota dealer and not the game!)

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I happened across game four of the ALCS half way through and figured I'd watch the Yankees put the final nail in the Sox's coffin. Sometime around 1:00 the next morning, I went to bed knowing that I had to watch the next game. After that one, I was hooked. I watched all eight subsequent games. Wow.

It was all just so coinsedental. The lunar eclipse, the anniversary of losing game seven of the World Series the last time, the curse, and the first ever 0-3 comeback.

On Fox News this evening, someone started their segment with something like: "The local forecast in Boston calls for flying pigs while Hell will experience below freezing temperatures."

I was in a meeting all day today with a Bostonian. He invited us all out for a follow-up meeting in February when we can join the celebration because, in his words, "we'll be celebrating for a very long time."