1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

both my front driving lights are out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dsyoo86, Sep 24, 2007.

1. dsyoo86

dsyoo86 New Member

both my driving lights are out and i think it might be the fuse. could it be that both bulbs went out ??
    any suggestions please.

and i bought piaa driving lights and i was wondering where the negative wire would go since the battery is all the way in the back

thankyou ahead of time for any replies :)

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So it sounds like they are non-stock fog lights? If that be the case, then I would check the wiring/fuse assembly.

3. MrK

MrK New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsyoo86 @ Sep 24 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]517197[/snapback]</div>
    I'm confused. If you haven't yet hooked up the negative wire, how do you know the PIAA driving lights were working before they both went out? (Somehow, they were on, and now they aren't, even without a ground wire?) Your PIAA wiring harness has a fuse in it.

Or might you be referring to the Prius' running/parking lights? If so, there is a fuse block under the dash, driver's side, near the emergency brake. It's easier to get to if you push the emergency brake down. There is a fuse diagram on the cover of the fuse block. It's a 10 amp fuse labeled "tail". If the running/parking lights are out, then so are the tail lights. Don't drive after dark.

I have PIAA fogs. They work great, but what a pain to install them!! Lots of custom cutting, bracket-fabrication, no room to work, etc. Never again! I connected the ground wire to a bolt/screw to the firewall side of the big fusebox under the hood.