1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bottom Line on Programming Used SKS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by born2pdl, Jan 24, 2011.

1. born2pdl

born2pdl Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    (Lengthy sks forum search, unsuccessful) I have a 2005 with one fully functional sks fob, and two used sks fobs (silver logo, new batteries) that I would like to get my car to respond to.

If you know for sure that a dealer tech can program my car to these used sks fobs (100% functional) please respond. If you don't think so or aren't sure, save your response for a while.

If it is possible, what are the clear, sequential instructions so I can coach my lazy toyota techs along every step? Thanks.

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This topic has been covered several times in several threads. Used fobs can be reused, but it takes a new seed. In a nutshell, here are the steps:

1) You take your car and ALL of the fobs to the dealer.

2) The dealer calls Toyota and gets a special code to reseed the ECU.

3) The dealer resets the ECU and enters the new code. This must be done shortly after receiving the code from Toyota. This will clear all of the fobs from the ECU.

4) The dealer now pairs all of the fobs with the car.

Tom

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tom, you forgot step 5:
    The dealer presents you with the bill.