1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought a 2010 - looking for accessory info please

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by filmstock, Oct 13, 2009.

1. filmstock

filmstock New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We've had our new Prius for a couple of weeks now:) I look forward to the weekends so I can drive it instead of my wife. One thing we're trying to source out is wind/rain deflectors for the side windows. Being from Vancouver, the weather gets a little wet and it's great to be able to have the windows slightly open without worrying about the rain coming in.

I understand that the 2010's don't have the deflector option since the older model ones from Toyota attached to the inside and therefore trigger the safety system when closing (designed to prevent kids fingers from getting scrunched I guess). On our Tucson mini SUV we had delfectors that just glued onto the body and I'm wondering if anyone has come across a similar option for the new Prius?

Thanks!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought they were offered as a Canadian accessory. I remember seeing it (maybe late availability?

ok I checked the brochure. it says available Fall 2009. Who knows when that'll be but before Christmas I assume lol.

:Welcome: to PriusChat btw!

3. Snowbell

Snowbell That's the cat! Snow...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi filmstock-

Congratulations on the new Prius!

I came across several previous threads that may be of interest to you:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...9-japanese-market-oem-window-rain-guards.html
    and
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...s/66129-installed-jdm-side-window-visors.html

I did notice that the Sigma site has already increased their prices for this item in the past month. They are now up to $165.00.
    Toyota Prius 2010+ ZVW30 Exterior Accessories :: Sigma Automotive

I have been having an internal debate about whether or not to try these (a little pricey for me right now), but best of luck to you and ENJOY your new Prius!:)