1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought a Prius today!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JRMurray, Mar 29, 2008.

1. JRMurray

JRMurray Magnetic Gray is the only way!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Signed all the papers for a 2008 Magnetic Gray Prius with the Premium Package (without navigation). The dealership didn't actually have one on the lot, so I'll have to wait until Monday to find out when I'll be able to pick it up.

In the end, there wasn't a lot of negotiation on the price. As I've mentioned in another thread previously, my neighbour is a salesperson at the dealership, and she was instrumental in saving us some money in other ways--a higher trade-in than we were expecting, $200 worth of maintenance, and so on.

No one pushed us to buy any extras. I wasn't going to buy anything anyway--hey, I subscribe to Consumer Reports and have read a lot about extended warranties, paint sealants, and the like. We were asked only about whether we wanted paint sealant, to which I said no. As I said, no one was pushy in the least.

All in all, it was a good experience. I bought from someone whom I know as a friend, at a dealership that didn't pressure me to buy a lot of unnecessary extras.

Now, if I only actually had the car ... :rolleyes:

2. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats on your new car hope you enjoy driving it soon. Folks around here like pictures so you may consider posting some after you picked it up.

3. limetime13

limetime13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome! You picked a terrific color...... :D

This site is FULL of smart, clever, funny, knowlegeable people - but you knew that - we have Prius'!!!!

4. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome!!!
    Waiting for the Pics.

5. Nick29650

Nick29650 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  6. kazie60

kazie60 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats!! You will love it. I bought my Spectra Blue 2008 Touring last week and each day is a new adventure trying to figure it all out. Your color was competing for my attention. It has a wonderful sheen.

7. pbpuzzle

pbpuzzle New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've had mine for a little over a week. It's great. I have found lots of great info & people here, too!

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!! Just one more day!