1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought my current car from Orland Toyota/my local dealer a 2012 Toyota Prius C. My parents and I hav

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by tgpii, Aug 18, 2018.

1. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Bought my current car from Orland Toyota/my local dealer a 2012 Toyota Prius C. My parents and I have bought a few other new vehicles from them. Want to buy my next car but they don't have any Yaris or Prius C in stock. Why? If this is in the wrong thread please move it. Thank you.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Prius c isn't selling well so the dealers aren't stocking many. We bought one in May- we had to wait a few weeks before any nearby dealers had one to test drive. After we figured out what we wanted we then had to wait for our dealer to find one and execute an inventory swap with another dealer to sell it to us.

I remember seeing somewhere that they've only sold a handful of them this year. There was speculation that it would be pulled from the US market, but fortunately it looks like they've spared it at least through 2019.

bisco likes this.
  3. tgpii

tgpii Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I know and because of sales, they got good rebates/deals on them. Only thing dealers, deal more on what is in stock. Other then the headlights and taillights not much have changed on the C.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you asked them? aren't yaris selling well either?

5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Don't forget, they added the automatic safety gizmo for 2018, with the radar and cameras etc. Fortunately we haven't had a chance to test it but it sounded nice.

I think the only other thing they added for 2018 was the black plastic cladding on the bottom edge and the faux roof rails to make it look like a Crosstrek.

6. PCSpaceShip

PCSpaceShip Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    You know what's weird? I got my C from the dealership OP went to two days after he posted. I'm guessing the c1 was not to his or her liking. They couldn't find a manual transmission yaris for two weeks said somebody would need to trade one in from 2016. I waited and then they couldn't find a manual transmission two door tacoma. Then they couldn't find a two door yaris even the crap automatic. So I got frustrated and got the c. Come home and read up about the 19 yaris hybrid whatever. If I cant be coasting with clutch at least I can mess with the mpg doodads.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

7. PCSpaceShip

PCSpaceShip Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Oops. I thought the original poster said Orlando Toyota. Well anyway mellinials don't know how to drive a stick so now only the rich can drive a manual transmission.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.