1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought my Prius today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sarge, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Hey all,

The wait has ended.

Went to a third dealer today to price out my Prius, and lo and behold they had the exact configuration as a dealer demo car. I still can't believe that. This was at Canada's largest Toyota dealer, Don Valley North in Markham (Toronto), Ontario.

It was a Seaside Pearl Blue with Navi package, with 6K KM (3750 miles) on the clock, and I got it for C$2600 off MSRP. Very sweet!

Took it for a test drive, it is perfect, clean, no dings or blemishes of any kind. I've never bought a *brand new* car before, and I have had reservations about doing so... Having a couple KMs on the clock and a couple thousand off actually makes me feel like I am getting more for my money! :)

Also had the dealer guarantee me that I this car is still eligible for the tax credit, which it allegedly is because it has never been registered to an individual. :)

I really don't care about the 6K, as I plan to drive it 200K+. B) As long as I got a decent price discount...

BTW, after driving an '05 on the weekend, I am thoroughly impressed with the resolution of the '06 MFD screen! The backup cam is quite cool. B)

Delivery is Wednesday... can't wait!

Kevin

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Think of it this way.

It's mostly broken in now.

And you can be sure it was maintained and serviced.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations, Sarge! A new car without the new-car-instant-depreciation as you drive it off the lot.

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Way to go. I got my first Prius ('01) with exactly the same mileage on it, and I successfully claimed the (at that time) deduction.

Enjoy!

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations!! :D Glad to hear you got a great deal, I'll bet that car is in like-new condition still. I have ~5K miles on mine and it looks as clean and shiny as the day I drove it off the lot.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow that's nice! Congrats!

7. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Apr 25 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]244865[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks everyone!

As Godiva suggested, being a dealer demo, the car definitely seems like it was well taken care of. There is not even a single rock chip on the front bumper, so I doubt it even made it to the highway much, if ever. That normally, might be a concern for a 'traditional' car, but not so much with a car like this that 'thrives' on city driving. ;)

Kevin

8. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats on your proud purchase! Enjoy it - I love mine!

9. BoosPrius

BoosPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sarge @ Apr 24 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]244664[/snapback]</div>

Are you Canadian? If yes, I'm curious as to how much the tax credit is in Canada?

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    $2,000 in BC and ON. $3,000 in PEI. No tax credit elsewhere.

11. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Just a followup...

I picked up my car yesterday, and all is well.

It was sad giving up my trusty car of the last 8 years, but she was starting to cost me a lot in maintenance, so I know it was the right thing to do.

My new baby is looking good and runs great.

Have driven it 120km so far (75 miles) of mixed city/highway/gridlock and average 4.6L/100km (~51MPG). Not bad for a "rookie". ;) Of course, there may be a small factor of the car already being broken in...

My new purchase was welcomed this week with the beginning of construction season throughout the city, so I guess I got the car not a moment too soon!

A few initial impressions...

- I have difficulty getting basic voice commands to work, and I don't have an accent aside from maybe "Canadian". ;) -> I need to read more into this in the manual, or maybe turn up the mic gain as I read in another thread somewhere.
    - The high-res screen is awesome!
    - Playing MP3 discs seems pretty slow to load, change folders and files. My 2-year-old Sony Xplod unit recognized and played the files much faster.
    - Seats are not as comfortable as my Integra (awesome seats), but I will adapt. ;-)
    - Bluetooth is awesome. If only I can use my Motorola V710 voice dialing through the car... hmmm...
    - There does not appear to be a very good place to hold a cell phone that is within view (i.e. not in glovebox, where it will be forgotten), aside from using one of the cupholders. (?)

So far so good....!

Kevin