1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bought my second Prius- now a 2 Prius Family

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by David Duchesne, Sep 3, 2012.

1. David Duchesne

David Duchesne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Bought my second Prius last week. Someone asked me today if I liked the Prius...I answered that I had 2. She understood.

Base 2012 purchased in Canada and the colour is quite beautiful sea glass pearl.

The buying experience was good and bad. First dealer offered my $2000 for my high mileage sienna. Felt like a slap in the face was I being encouraged to buy there.. Sold it in 2 days for double that.- not even trying to bargain hard.

He then showed me a used Prius but it was sold before I could get it. Then misquoted me on a Prius V rather then a base Prius. 3 strikes...

The second salesmen was very helpful..different dealership. Picked me up at the train, let me borrow a demo for 2 days while I finalized the sale. I arrived and the vehicle was not ready. It arrived too late to really prep it. They had also sold 13 units the previous day. Left in a hurry and only then noticed they had not installed the hood deflector that I paid for...

Reviewing the paper work and can't find a full description of the particular options included on this vehicle- no new vehicle info statement on the inside cover of the owners manual supplement.

I am slowly figuring the new Prius out. Will do a careful comparison to my base 2005 Prius bought in NH. One thing I do notice is the 8 year or 160,000 km warranty on the hybrid components. Seems to have been a better warranty on the '05 US Prius.

I hauled the finance guy over the coals about Prius USA refusing Canadian customers. Wonder if a Saudi Prince wanted a loaded Prius from a US dealer- would they say sorry +US citizens only...next! He paused on that one and said he never really thought about it that way...But Canadians are 2nd class in a USA Toyota showroom---or no class. He then sold me on the rust protection. Next day when I arrived, it was not sprayed so I pulled the plug on rust. Reading on Prius chat the previous night showed me how much of a chump I was to add rust proofing at Toyota $499?! So I saved the money. Looked at my 7 year old Prius--absolutely no rust. Funny how vulnerable I was at the initial consultation.

Mods to new vehicle. Will buy cargo mat and front mats from Prius Chat. I gave the new vehicle a coat of Margoul... Hi-Tech 2.0 sealer- 2 coats on the front end and hood. Hope it really protects, better then the Platinum sealer at $399 offers by Toyota and better the the original Marg. Wax I put on the 05 Prius.

Welcome any comments...

2. 4rnr

4rnr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A Saudi Prince wouldn't need financing.

Way to go raking the guy over the coals though! I'm sure he doesn't make the rules, but at least you showed him who has class.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best! don't you have window stickers up ther showing the year, model, package, options, mpg's, etc.?

4. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

5. car78412

car78412 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Get the Huskies instead of Weathertech. Less expensive and doesn't need the clip holes which leak on the Weathertech.

6. David Duchesne

David Duchesne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My Prius was transferred from another dealership- the sticker did not come with the car.