1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bowing at the feet of the masters!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Cate Ross, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Cate Ross

Cate Ross Owner of "Millenium Falcon"

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello PriusChat members! I have been reading this forum since I put down my deposit: I am now the proud owner of a 2008 silver package 6 Prius.

I am tremendously grateful for the fabulous information available here that has made driving my Millenium Falcon so much more pleasant! Thanks to the wisdom here I have already:

• turned off the reverse beep
    • programmed my garage door to open from the rear view mirror
    • increased the volume of my bluetooth microphone
    • purchased a useful kit that lets me charge and play my iPod
    I'm still not happy with the results of the iPod--I am finding myself having to fumble with the arm rest too often, so I have ordered the Toyota iPod part (PT 545 00049 is it?) and it should be installed early next week.

I registered to say a huge THANK YOU to all the great posters and their fabulous advice--this is a great place to learn!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm happy we could help. Congratulations on the new Prius.

Tom

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat Cate!
    But this is a No Groveling zone, and I, for one, have smelly feet. Stand up, learn more, and help other new PriusChatters when they ask the questions to which you've already discovered the answers.

Let us know about your experience with and opinion of the Toyota iPod kit.

4. Cate Ross

Cate Ross Owner of "Millenium Falcon"

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Absolutely, I will. I have been researching this site for what to do to make the iPod operable without dragging the thing out every time I needed to start it up or switch playlists.

I'm still nervous about trying to install a DICE myself, despite the excellent price available from this shop here, and paying to have it installed makes it quite expensive.

There is something funky about the head unit for my radio anyway, and the dealer has to replace that, so as long as it's already open, I'm having them put in the Toyota part.

Did you know that my dealer's service department claims it can't install a non-Toyota part?