1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bra (the front end car kind) for a 2007?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Gaelyn37, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Gaelyn37

Gaelyn37 Gaelyn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Does anyone have any experiences or can make any recommendations as to the value and source of a bra for my new 2007?

Thanks

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    There have been many threads on here about finding or adapting a bra for the 2006 model because of the fairing it has underneath that the 05 didn't have. I still dont think there is even a bra out now for the '06, so good luck with finding one for the 07........ sorry no help :D

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My strong recommendation:

(yes, it's invisible.)
    Do a search for "invisible bra" or "clear paint protection". 3M and Avery both make urethane films to protect the paint without that ugly vinyl "bra". NASCAR cars use them, is your Prius too special?

4. MacDude

MacDude Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Mar 8 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]402669[/snapback]</div>

I agree. A friend had a bra on his car and after a couple of months he tok it off to wash the car fully and there were abrasions onthe paint where the bar had moved and rubbed. :(

5. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

Another big thumbs up for a clear bra :D

6. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    PLEASE don't look any further than a clear bra. The old style leather bras are just old technology now. I have a clear bra on my Prius and my NSX. The only way to go.

7. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    addendum to my post above.....

I've read and looked into several bra types for the Prius. Honestly, I dont have one yet, but I agree with the posts above, the clear bra (made by 3M isn't it?) it definately the way to go. They are more expensive, but instead of the black strap on bra we're all used to, this is a "life time of the car" purchase, which is actually a good justification for spending about twice the price of the black bra. Good luck!!! (and happy weekend all!!!!) :lol: :lol: