1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake ((!)) ABS VSC & Car brakes extremely hard at low & high speeds

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jesus Serrato, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Jesus Serrato

Jesus Serrato Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello everybody,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone here because I have resolved many problems my 2008 prius has just by reading past threads(like bad throttle body). Car has new motor(100k miles) since when I bought at auction It was crashed from left front and I really couldn't verify that it was working. So I looked and looked for this problem but no luck. Basically the car has the above mentioned lights on the dash and when driving at low or high speed if I barely tap the brake pedal the car stop like if I am applying about half the brake pressure. I tried putting it in neutral and then braking like a post I found said to do but that did not resolve the problem. I managed to get the flashing codes and they are the following..

((!)) this one gives the code 2&6
    ABS gives flash code 2-4
    VSC code 5-4 or 4-5

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Stop driving the car until the braking system is working properly. You're gonna get someone killed.

Are you still not going to get mini VCI ($20-$23) and the official repair manual from TIS ($15)?
    Read post #9 for info on mini VCI and TIS in Need help! Prius won't start, I will buy you diner:) | PriusChat

If you choose not to buy mini VCI, you are going to have to go the dealership to have the codes read and the codes cleared at a likely cost starting from $100. You will then be able to report what the DTC codes are.

Maybe someone here will know what the blink codes are. But you are doing yourself a disservice not getting mini VCI.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The blink codes should be right in the service manual diagnostics volume on techinfo.toyota.com. You can always get the blink codes even when your mini VCI is at home in a drawer. So getting access to the service manual on techinfo is always worth doing.

-Chap

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You asked this exact same question and was answered in post #10 of the post mentioned above.

Did you just not like the answer?