1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake accumulator recall - Added Hill assit What other items changed?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by drive till it HERTZ, Aug 31, 2013.

1. drive till it HERTZ

drive till it HERTZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Had the Brake Accumulator recall done. After picking up the car Thursday and not being happy about how the Brake Pedal felt. I drove the car the Friday when stop at a stop sign the VSC light started to blink. After getting home the brake accumulator pump run for a long time (the engine was running) Time for me to get out of the car and open the hood look for the noise close the hood and get back in the car. The pump stop when after I shut down the car. Took the car back to the dealer and said that this is normal and that the VSC light now doubles as the Hill assist indicator. Adding hill assist was part of the
    recall.

Is this normal?

This is the first Brake accumulator done by this dealer. (Lucky me)

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This was normal from day one on the 2010 Prius. Your brakes might have more boost now so that it takes less pedal pressure to invoke Hill Assist or you have air in the system and can push the brake pedal farther down to the point where Hill Assist is activated.

I got my recall notice yesterday and might wait a while to let the dealer to get some experience.

3. drive till it HERTZ

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

To my knowledge the hill Assist was an option offered on the IV and V's in 2009 when I brought the car.

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What? What a load of BS. Hill-Assist has always been there 2010+ (all models). It sounds like they did not bleed the brake-lines completely and there is an air-lock in the system. If it does it again, insist on talking to the service manager directly.

xpcman likes this.
  5. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I agree. The brake bleeding is complicated in the Prius and needs a tech with Prius experience to get it right. Take it back and demand that they do it right this time.

6. gliderman

gliderman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anyone had their recall done by a dealer in the DFW area? Which one? Good or bad service? Thanks!

7. drive till it HERTZ

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was told that the brake bleeding is done trough the laptop computer and the tech has no mechanical steps. Maybe Someone here has done the brake bleeding and can respond.

8. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Huh? Say what? :confused: I also have been told that when I need a heart transplant, I can just log into the hospital's medical computer (with a special doctor's password) and it will just download the hew heart into my chest and delete the old diseased one in one go. ;)

9. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

All 2010 have Hill Assist. It sounds like your brake behaviour is abnormal and warrants further attention from the dealer or Toyota's customer assistance.