1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Actuator... looking for tech in NW Georgia

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mcH, Mar 14, 2019.

1. mcH

mcH Junior Member

Our 2008 Prius was diagnosed by a dealer when were 300 miles from home as having a bad brake accumulator. The dash lit up with all the error lights on a Saturday afternoon about 3pm, and we found the closest Toyota Dealer in south Georgia that still had the service department open. All they could do was diagnose the car, and tell us the accumulator was bad, and we may not make it home (to repair would require ordering parts and paying a hefty sum of $3500+). When we went back out to the car to assess our options, we noticed that the lights had all gone back off, so we took the chance and drove back home to NW Georgia.

Now the lights are back on, and I'm trying to call around to find alternate pricing on the project. Can anyone recommend a technician / mechanic in the Atlanta / Chattanooga areas who might take this on as a side job (or independent shop)? The Prius is our 3rd vehicle... it's been a great car, but I"m not convinced that paying half it's value to a dealer service shop is what we need to do right now. We've obviously missed the extended warranty that I"m just now reading about here on Prius chat... Thanks.