1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

brake caliper paint

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by superfly1978, Aug 15, 2014.

1. superfly1978

superfly1978 New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I absolutely love the look of colored disc brake calipers with wheels that have enough space to show them. That being said I have a red Prius and in my opinion the only color that would look, lets say, not cheesy, is red but only a certain color red to complement the body color. Unfortunately I have looked at many different options and the only red is your standard fire engine, stop sign red. I found on ebay an exact color match red , the same as the body color in a spray can.This isn't an option due to the high heat that brake calipers indure. I have found brake caliper covers that are again, the wrong shade of red but I'm thinking maybe they can be painted the right color shade. However in the fine print it says "for use with 16" or larger wheels".So even if it is possible to color-match these caliper covers, you also have to invest in larger wheels and tires.When its all said and done you would have at least $1000 just to get a decent color calipers. One of the things that I liked about my Prius when I bought it was the safety and clean looks of 4 wheel disk brakes. Can anyone help me add ,what I consider, the final touches on a well thought design