1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Caliper Slide Pin Cleaning and Lubrication

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Den49, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I think at least one of my rear rotors is loose on the studs, can rotate slightly. Once wheel is on and all lug nuts torqued everything’s solid.

I put a very thin patina of anti-seize on the front centre of hub, where the wheel contacts, just to ensure no rust-glued wheels.

2. Solman636

Solman636 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OK, great! That's very reassuring. Thanks for the advice! I did tighten, loosen and retighten the lugs just to be sure they were all seated correctly. Forty years ago I was driving with my pregnant wife while towing a small home built trailer that I bought from some hack welder in TX, and somehow the lug nuts worked loose as we were driving across a deep gorge in Chatanooga with wheel holding by a thread and weaving back and forth til finally able to stop. Since then I am obsessed with triple checking and torquing lug nuts!! Haha. It was pure luck we didn't fly over the side!

Mendel Leisk likes this.