1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Fluid Check: $5

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SageBrush, May 7, 2012.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I plan to buy this product from Phoenix systems.

Lots of information about the stick available on the web and the manufacturer website. I have not read any of it, but Hobbit did. That is good enough for me. The sticks are sold in packets of 100 for about $72 plus S+H.

It is a dipstick that measures copper contamination of the fluid, to know whether to flush the brakes. I'll have around 95 sticks left over when I am done :)

I thought it would be a nice gesture if I resold the unused sticks to the PC community at $5/stick, and passed the revenue minus postage on to Danny and PC. PC gets a contribution of about $450, and members have a way to buy a stick or three rather than a hundred. I gather the sticks have a 3 year shelf life.

Details forthcoming, but my intent is as follows:
    -Set up a DB on google, so that a purchaser can type in their name and address. This info will be confidential, and erased when the stick is shipped.

- Member pays $5 a stick through payPal. KISS, folks.

---
    Sound good ?
    Let me know if I have missed anything important. And yes, you will have to trust me to not resell your real name, send snipers to your house, or pocket the revenue.

Addendum: Turns out a 2 strip package can be purchased. Please ignore the above offer.

2. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    FYI, many places sell these at $50 - $55 per 100.

You don't always have to be nice. It might be easier to skip the PC bureaucracy and do this as a group buy. Lots of 5 sticks for $7.50 shipped. That covers postage and paypal fees, leaving enough left over for a case of Pabst. I'd be willing to do that. $5/stick is too expensive IMHO.

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Ahh..

I went googling a bit, and found a 2 strip package sold for about $10 + S/H from the OEM. Missed it the first time around. Sorry everybody -- I'll just buy two strips.

4. jellybug

jellybug Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I