1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake light problems, and then some.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by hoz, Jun 18, 2013.

1. hoz

hoz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Today I was driving in a downpour. At one point the traction control light came on, and remained on. Got home and went in the house. Couple hours later, a neighbor told me the brake lights were on. I couldn't do anything to turn them off. The traction control light was on as well (orange light with the car and slippery tracks behind it...I assume that's the traction control indicator). I pulled the fuse from the inside fuse box. The lights went out. Put the fuse back in, and the lights came back on. I drove the car around a bit hoping I'd do something to get the light off. That, of course, didn't help. But I also noticed when I turned my headlights on, my information panel would turn off (speed, gas mileage etc...). If I turned the lights back off, the info panel would turn back on.

Since it's 10pm here, I can't contact the dealer (which I will tomorrow). So, I pulled the fuse so I'll be able to drive it to work in the morning. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or ever heard of this happening. Thanks.

2. jdenenberg

jdenenberg EE Professor

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    Try disconnecting the 12v battery negative lead for two minutes to reset the ECUs and see if the problem clears.

JeffD

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You 100% sure you didn't leave it in READY?

As to the instrument cluster, check the dimmer switch. That is the default behaviour with the dimmer turned all the way low/off and the headlights on.