1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake noise at stop

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by donroyledbetter, Jul 1, 2023.

1. donroyledbetter

donroyledbetter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Brakes make horrible clunking screeching sound at the moment before complete stop and on release of pedal.
    Any one here with the same problem? A solution?

This is my first post to PriusChat.
    You can hear the noise on YouTube by searching: @toyotafrenirumorosiscricch2355

The noise started shortly after 7/21 new car purchase and has continued for 20K since. Has been to the dealer EIGHT times: they checked, they inquired to Toyota, they lubricated, they changed discs and pads, they reprogrammed a couple times. no change. We have appealed to Toyota Europe several times, they refer us back to the dealer who does not seem to care and points the finger at Toyota. The last reply from Toyota Europe was a patronizing: "The noise is caused by friction".

I was very happy with my first new 2010 Prius, this one has been a total disappointment. That Toyota PR about relaxing warranty is BS.