1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake Noise

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeri, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Jeri

Jeri New Member

I thought my Prius was the only one that did this but saw a posting here on squealing brakes. Mine only do it in reverse when I first start out for the day. After awhile, it no longer happens during my frequent stops. The answer posted on water causing this made me curious. Mine only started doing this with the onset of hot weather and use of A/C. I had noticed in previous years that after using A/C on my Corolla that there would be a puddle under the car after parking. Could this be the cause in my Prius too even though I never see any puddles (no rain or car washes)? How would the run off from the A/C get to my brakes?

2. prev93

prev93 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Jeri,
    Yes, I have noticed brake noise in reverse, too. I believe that it is a normal noise, perhaps associated with rust on the brake rotors caused by ambient moisture or rainfall. I would not worry about it, however. All cars with disc brakes tend to make noise after the rotors get wet and the car sits around for awhile.