1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brake noise?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by krytron, Feb 25, 2011.

1. krytron

krytron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I am sorry if it's a repost (I guess it is :)

I just test drove a 2011 Prius and I noticed that if I push the brake pedal a little deep, it makes some sort of noise and maybe some vibration. I don't know how to describe this though. So this happens even when the engine is turned off, or the car is stopped with the engine on. The noise and vibration lasts about 3-5 seconds. I think it happens only once every 3-4 trials. So I talked with the technician and he told me that that comes from some pump that makes the driver feel as if he/she is driving a normal car.

So I tested 3 more cars and they are all the same, so it seems like it's not the problem of the car I test drove. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

It's quite unfortunate it happened right before I was buying the car. I am very likely to buy it though :D

I appreciate your comments!

2. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    While you were driving the brake pedal through the floor board, did you notice a light come on, on the left side of the display. It looks like squiggle lines, that would say slippery road. On the 2010 when you are stopped on a hill and drive the brake pedal hard into the floor. You will feel a movement of the pedal then this idiot light will come on. It's a hill holder app, giving the driver time to move from the brake to the gas pedal without rolling backwards. Works great, if you ever use it.

3. krytron

krytron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't remember seeing that light. But this happened even when the car was fully stopped on flat road. I guess it happened even when I didn't step the brake pedal all the way down...

4. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. krytron

krytron Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A