1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

brake pads changed; now lights on!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by steeldust, Aug 28, 2010.

1. steeldust

steeldust New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I changed the front brake pads on my 2007 Prius blindly, and in doing so I bled the lines (I also had the key in my pocket!). Now, the ABS light, VSC light and (!) light all are on and continue to stay on while driving. Is this something as simple as resetting the codes? Is the vehicle safe to drive to a repair shop to set strait?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You can try to reset the skid control ECU, which involves using a jumper between terminals 4 and 13 of the OBD-II connector. (I've previously posted on the procedure.) If the warning lights remain on after you've tried this, then the car will need to be serviced by your local Toyota dealer.

Any vehicle that has all the brake warning lights on cannot be deemed "safe" to drive. So it's up to you whether you wish to take that risk. Good luck.

3. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    you needed to use techstream or some device to initiate bleeding of the brakes, if you did it without doing this you have sucked in massive air into the system and risk damaging the brake booster.

i did this mistake last year and when those lights come on the rear brakes only work, the fronts are completely shut off. i managed to bleed it with techstream software and now its good to go