1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brakes cold

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by cekayla1, Dec 17, 2016.

1. cekayla1

cekayla1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My poor prius.. whenver its cold her brake lights light up light christmas tree! Brake light abs light vcs lights and ! Light.. if i ride around in the parking lot slowly and keep hitting the brakes after a few they will go off. But if its cold it might keep doing it. When its warm this never happens. Smh. They told me it was something about the wheels spinning at different speeds noy being the same size and that my brakes where low at toyota. So i got new brakes. New wheels. Alighnment. Etc.. everything was fine (in ga.
    Because it usually goes bak 2 being warm there fast) next week i took i ride to somewhere it was cold af in the morning like 20 degrees.. guess what. Poor prius lite up like a tree again with brake lights.. so scared i ran into a repair shop. Pulled out the previous weeks diagnostics report i had paid 100 bucks for. Plus repairs i made.. he told me the tires had 2 much air in it and wen i turned the car off the lights went away.. he took air out the tire. And i went on about my way.. next day.. everything was fine because guess what.. my destination was somewhere warm.. heading home, back thru the cold.. yep. Brake light is back
    .. and this happened last winter too.. summer time car b just fine..

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! how many miles on her?

Got2bHam likes this.
  3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

When you have a chance, could you please post the exact diagnostic trouble codes that have been scanned from the car when these lights come on?

There is clearly a problem, the car is trying to tell someone what it is, it isn't the things that have been tried so far, and we can't guess much without the codes.

Cheers,
    -Chap

RCO likes this.
  4. Got2bHam

Got2bHam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome! It's always the cars fault right? Oh dealerships! Is the TPMS light on? ( ! ) . brake lights coming on is kind of troubling...does everything function as it should, drives well, smooth force when braking? I'd guess the braking module

#4 Got2bHam, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some of the parts in a Prius are expensive, so the OP may be best served by not guessing. That's why cars give diagnostic codes.

-Chap

Prodigyplace, RCO and Got2bHam like this.