1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brakes sounds like air pressure pumps

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by howardc64, Apr 10, 2016.

1. howardc64

howardc64 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    07 Prius 140k miles. Flushed brakes at 132k miles with techstream directions (http://auser107.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Brake-Bleed-TIS.pdf). Follow the path without actuator or master cylinder removal. Went smoothly, no funny noises or codes after.

Brakes making multiple clicking / pump type of noise within last couple of months under these situations.

1. when nearing a stop
    2. crawling along slowly with brakes on
    3. backing up which is like #2

Braking force is fine and linear response. Brake fluid reservoir level is good.

Thoughts? I'm thinking flushing it again.

#1 howardc64, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. howardc64

howardc64 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Stilling chasing this problem. Techstream tests shows everything seems to be normal. Accumulator doesn't leak pressure, pressure at all 4 wheels good. No codes.

Considering bleeding the actuator to ensure no air trapped in that part of the circuit. Factory directions have a couple of unclear spots on when to remove+install the 2 motor relays. Here are the directions

http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/TIS/ileaf/04toyrm/04toypdf/04rmsour/2004/04priusf/32/219qc/f040001.pdf

Here are the 2 confusing points. Just want to clarify before doing this.

Step 5(b) removes the 2 relays, 5(c) says go to step 4 to bleed FR FL. I think the sequence is 4(b), don't do 4(c) and return to 5(d). Relays don't get reinstalled until 5(f).

Step 5(l)(2) says to bleed the FL, I assuming this means 2 relays come out, bleed FL and relays goes back on before continue to 5(m)?