1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brakes squealing on 07

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eej5, Dec 4, 2006.

1. eej5

eej5 New Member

I've had my 07 for a month. It's got 1,000 miles on it. I've noticed a couple of times the brakes squealing -- most recently this morning. It seems to me that each time I've been in reverse, in the morning, and it's been cold.

Should I chalk it up to cold conditions or do I need to have it checked out?

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's normal. Mine does the same thing. When the car sits overnight especially when it raining or humid you'd be surprised how fast the disk and drums collect surface rust. Don't worry about it.

3. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Dec 4 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]357515[/snapback]</div>
    My 2006 did the same thing, and I mentioned it when I brought my car in for the 5000 mile service. The technician heard it, and changed the brake pads.

I would get this 'squealing' when I'd first start up the car, which usually meant going in reverse, but sometimes going forward the first few minutes of driving. It would happen leaving work after an 8 hour or so day, as well as first thing in the morning. It hasn't happened again in the 2 months since they changed the brake pads, but it hasn't been hot, muggy weather, either.