1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Braking problem/question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seasidetraveler, Jan 23, 2007.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello out there- been a LONG time since I have been seen here I know. How are all of you? Rancid- you have your lil baby yet?

Anyways, I am having a problem with my '06 that I don't remember experiencing with my '05. I seem to mostly notice it in the morning, but when I am braking and almost to a stop, there seems to be a hessitation before it stops... not sure how to explain it. It almost seems like you can hear it to, almost like a small clunk.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks folks :)

BTW- I am living in San Pedro, and working in Long Beach- any other priuschat folk near me? I am LOVING Long Beach- such an amazing place.

2. derkraut

derkraut Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Jan 23 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]379872[/snapback]</div>
    Hello from your neighbor to the south (SAN). As you are probably aware, regenerative braking ceases and friction braking engages around 6mph when decellerating, and you can feel a slight "interruption" in the braking process. It's really most noticable when lightly applying the brake during slowdown. Perfectly normal...but I never hear a "clunk", so you may want the dealer to take a look at it. I doubt that there's a problem, but It's under warranty, right?

3. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you so much for your response! Glad to see people still talk about the Prius here, and not just social issues.