1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Braking problem with 2009

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RobHirsch, Aug 11, 2015.

1. RobHirsch

RobHirsch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    My steering wheel started pulling to the left when I brake, right after I had my struts replaced.
    Could someone knowledgeable about this please advise if the struts could be related to this problem?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    it's more of a brake issue on the left side

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The brakes aren't applying with equal force on both sides. Without checking further, there's no way to say whether it's too much on the left, or too little on the right. :)

Brake parts were most likely moved out of the way to replace the struts (the brake lines/hoses may be clipped to a bracket that's part of the strut; they are on my Gen 1 anyway) and put back afterward. Whoever did that should recheck the work.

Front disc brakes are not super complicated and you might spot the problem yourself if you wanted to look. It's also possible, if the brake line clips were corroded/stubborn, the mechanic ended up opening the lines on one or both sides, and maybe didn't get all the air out of both sides afterward. That would be harder to see just by looking, but bleeding the brakes isn't hard as long as you make sure never to run the reservoir dry.

-Chap