1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Braking, Turning right, Slight bump = Clicking from front L wheel.

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Crunch, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Crunch

Crunch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Twice I have made this happen going to 'Wendys'. It is a right turn at about 5 mph, there is bump from blacktop to pavers. I have my foot slightly on brake during turn. Then the front left wheel emits this rapid clicking noise until I nearly come to a stop.

I am not that impressed with v steering feel at all. Posting another post on steering 'clunk' during right turn. have been back to dealer twice. they can't see anything wrong. Am about to ask for rep to get involved and take him/her to Wendys, and not for lunch!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You might have engaged the anti-lock brakes. Usually you can feel a pulsing in the brake petal at the same time. Remember you can take it to another dealer if you are not satisfied with the first one.

3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is a TBS out for a clicking noise when going over a bump or those little road reflectors. It comes from the brake caliper pins and bushing clearance. Depending on the year of your Prius, the bulletin recommends replacement of the pins and bushings in the front brake calipers. After 20011 models it downgrades the repair to just greasing the pins and bushings. At my first oil change I have already scheduled this to be done. The Bulletin is T-BS 0136-11

4. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you figure out the cause for that? I have that issue in hatchback.