1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brand New Prius Owner!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by korikelly, Jun 13, 2008.

1. korikelly

korikelly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    everyone!

I bought my Prius 2 days ago and am so happy I did. I ordered on May 1, and took delivery on June 11. The dealership is saying it will be about Christmas before the people on the bottom of the list will get theirs. Unbelievable!

Please let me know the things I absolutely must know!

This is a great site!:p

2. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wow.
    Congrats on the new car!
    I'm still waiting on mine.... :(

3. Prius4ever

Prius4ever New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I can't help you with the technical stuff, but as a Prius owner of two months, I'll share with you my experience since buying my package #2, Magnetic Grey car.

1) Don't be surprised if all you want to do is talk about your Prius and how much you love it. My family has been very patient with me regarding this matter.

2) Anytime I see a Prius owner, I have this urge to go up to them and say, "Don't you love your Prius?" I have met many nice Prius owners this way, all who do love their cars too.

3) Even though I have never had less than 45 mpg on a tank of gas, (which is superb by all accounts), I'm obsessed with getting even better gas mileage. As a result, I have totally given up my speed demon ways.

4) Speaking of obsessions, every day I have to check this Prius Chat board to see what people are talking about.

5) Here's some practical information. DO USE YOUR CRUISE CONTROL! It's like the car is smart and has a mind of its own. It makes certain to give you the best gas mileage. On a 70 mile freeway trip using my cruise control with light traffic, I got 55 mpg.

6) My son says I turn smug whenever other people complain about all the money they are paying for gas. I wouldn't call it "smug", but just I'm glad I'm not paying that much money on gas because I made such a wise purchase in a car.

I have more of these helpful hints but these are the biggies. Congratulations on you new Prius! I know you will love your car too!

4. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I went from "lead foot" to "Mom, you could go a little faster!"

I used to go from A to B as fast as I could get away with. Now I just watch the MFD and shake my head at the idiots who HAVE to pass me to get one car length ahead!

One other hint--keep your tires inflated!

5. lfwintx

lfwintx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    COngratulations!

6. Tammy7287

Tammy7287 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats! You're gonna love it!

I've had mine for 1 month and a day. Can't say enough good things about it.

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  8. FrankZ

FrankZ New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got mine the day before you and I can tell you I've already seen fundimental changes in my driving habits. Like orracle & Prius4ever have said, I've set aside my leadfoot ways. This car trains you to drive economically. I'm obsessed with getting that mpg average up there!

9. Ray Monroe

Ray Monroe New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome korikelly,

We are glad you are with us. I have yet to meet a Prius owner whom is not happy with their car. I hope you stay tuned and share more of your experiences with us.

Ray

10. MsDaisy

MsDaisy Goddess of Green-land

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Silver Pine Mica package 6 will delivered within the week. I'm not sure I'll sleep a wink until I have it parked in my garage!