1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brand new Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Red07Prius, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red07Prius

Red07Prius New Member

gang. I'm the proud owner of a new '07 Prius. I fell in love with the car's looks the first time I saw it but unfortunately I feel the car's much too underpowered for me. This hasn't stopped me from buying one finally, though. I have a new 400 HP GM LS2 engine I'm going to swap in. My question is this- is anyone aware of any resources on the Internet or elsewhere regarding this kind of conversion? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red07Prius @ Dec 28 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]367597[/snapback]</div>
    Doesn't this defeat the main point of the Prius which is to reduce fuel consumption?

Suggest you use your Prius for a few months before making a decision. You may change your mind.

3. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi Red...

You probably do not need the big engine, just the sounds and shifting accellerations.

Here is what you do.....Go to a drag strip and put your Ipod in one of the dragsters on record.

Now plug the Ipod into your Prius and crank the audio. When you hear the shift, pull your foot off the gas pedal and mash the brake. Then back to full accelleration.

This will be slower, buy I think you will be satisfied with the result :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.