1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brand new!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MikeR5, Sep 6, 2010.

1. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone, brand new here - and may soon be a new Prius owner. I've been shopping around the past few weeks looking at cars and I keep coming back to the Prius. It's not even so much about the gas savings- although it helps. Really, I've been looking for a good mid-sized car like my 2003 Mazda6. it seems that the new Mazda6 is twice the size as are the usual suspects of cars, (Accord, Camry..) And the Mazda3 while I love the looks of it feels a little too small to me. I figured why not try the Prius- and it's the exact size and comfort I was looking for. I'm looking at the II as I can't spend that much- although if a good deal for a III w/ the backup camera and bluetooth came along- I might be able to swing that as well.

I'm still trying to decide "Buy or Lease" so doesn't look like I'll be pulling the trigger before the Sept 7th deals are up- but hoping another good incentive happens soon.

Looking forward to learning more about the Prius on here.

Thanks!

Mike

Oh yeah, I'm in the LA area and in the "industry" as they say in Hollywood. :)

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat!

How's the screenplay coming?

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I thought it was obligatory to have a Prius if you lived in LA? ;)

Seriously, you'll love the car. Rides well too for a small car. It's almost (emphasis on the word almost) as good as an S class Mercedes. A lot of my customers comment on how comfortable it is to travel in the back, and a lot of my customers are used to quality vehicles.

4. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ha! Nice. I'm actually a TV comedy guy who is now doing a lot more internet stuff. Built my own 6 camera live web studio even. Which is why I now have no money for a car. Ha

5. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Grumpy. Yep after test driving it- I was surprised at how comfortable it drove and what a perfect size it was. I didn't want one because everyone has one. But in the end- the drive and comfort is what is most important to me- and Prius has it! Although I have to say The Ford Fusion had the most comfortable seats and ride of any of them and the most fun gadgets. But still not sure about the quality of a Ford. (And it's really ugly inside)

6. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well, you can read this review I did here.
    And I agree with GrumpyCabbie. It took me about 6-9 months to get used to the car and the huge difference it makes compared to traditional cars of the same level....

7. MikeR5

MikeR5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow- awesome blog Pakitt!

I'm still deciding on color and buying or leasing.

Glad you mentioned the ghosting on the dash- it drove me insane when I test drove- I kept thinking it was my glasses. I'm hoping I can get used to it though.