1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bras, again

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dbaro, Jun 1, 2006.

1. dbaro

dbaro New Member

We're considering buying a bra for our 06 Prius from this site- half the cost of what the dealer wants. We know that it's very effective in protecting the front of the car, particularly on long road trips. But, how does this work with respect to washing the car- does one remove the bra when washing the car? Is it a pain to get on and off or is there a possibility of scratching the service when putting it on or removing it? Thanks. Need some info on the mechanics of use.

2. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i thought those bra r suppose 2 be like easy install, easy remove, i doubt u wash your car with it on

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    pfff. our car bra has come off three times since we got the car. those three times were when we put on a coat of wax. i wash it weekly (or every other, depending on weather/other committments/etc) and do not remove the bra.

4. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I take the bra, or at least the upper (hood) part of it, off about every third washing. Taking the hood part off is nothing.

With a revised installation of the lower (bumper) part of the bra demanded by an extra, small "air dam" added to the '06, it takes twice as long to completely take off/put on that piece. However (I've already done it), you can remove that lower piece 90%---making the bumper accessible to wash---and it'll be hanging down with its elastic straps clamped between the bottom of the bumper and the air dam. And removing it that far takes only less than a minute.

If you have other questions (follow-up), feel free to PM me if you don't want to post more.

5. clifford

clifford Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B2B2 @ Jun 1 2006, 04:04 PM) [snapback]264232[/snapback]</div>
    Please do some research on the 3m bra. Clear, you can wax it or wash it and it hardly shows. The secret is finding an experienced and reasonable installer.

6. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clifford @ Jun 1 2006, 11:09 PM) [snapback]264452[/snapback]</div>
    I am unhappy with the look of the 3M bra that I have. You can really see the line. Monday I'm getting a spray on bra put on. It is really heavy clear coat. They will feather the edges to make it less noticable. I'll post pics if anyone wants them.