1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bread crumbs on my navigation screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ichabod, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My navigation computer leaves a trail of bread crumbs. Everywhere I go, it leaves a trail of dots behind, so there are a LOT of dots around my house on the map.

It's kind of a funny/interesting feature that could definitely be useful (say, for tracking where your delinquent spouse has been, or finding your way home from a candy-obsessed witch's house) but I've looked in the manual and can't figure out if I can turn this off. I'm pretty sure it only started happening after a trip I took during which I used the navi for guidance. I must have turned it on somehow.

Any ideas?

2. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sounds like you pressed the "trace route" button.

3. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Look on page 61 of you navigation manual.

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, that was my first thought, and before I posted I had turned to that page in my manual, and then for some reason I didn't turn to the next page to read the directions to turn it off... maybe I was expecting a picture of what it looked like in "record" mode, with the little dots. That was it, and it's now official:

I'm an idiot.

5. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Aug 26 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]309804[/snapback]</div>
    No, you just didn't fully RTFM (read the fine manual). :) (And thank you for going to the manual in the first place!) This reminds me of a tag line that someone on the Yahoo group has which goes something like "cut red wire" (turn page) "but first...."