1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BRID not BIRD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by iiwi, Jul 15, 2006.

1. iiwi

iiwi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've waited 2 1/2 months for the personalized license plates for my 2006 Prius. I finally went to the California Department of Motor Vehicles today to pick them up. They misspelled the letters. It was supposed to be H(hand symbol)BRID1. They had H(hand symbol)BIRD1. It was correct on the registration certificate. Now I have to wait another 2 months.

2. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Don't ya just love em? Sorry to hear about the screw up. I would have escalated the problem because it wasn't caused by you. Amazing what can happen when you talk to a supervisor, manager or head of department. Something you might consider. Depends on how patient you are I guess.

Good luck

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, carp!

(Sorry, Duanerw, wherever you are.)

4. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iiwi @ Jul 15 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]286783[/snapback]</div>
    So, you think the guys printing those plates up here in the big house are Rhodes Scholars? When a hard case like yours comes through we run it through the spell checker: BRID -> Change to -> BIRD. (There are no BRID men at Alcatraz!)

You want to argue about it, go see Rocky. He's in the weight room. He'll show you a fun way to pass your two months.

5. iiwi

iiwi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Jul 15 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]286788[/snapback]</div>
    I don't have a lot of patience, but I don't choose to take up this fight. The first year cost for a personalized license plate is $50. If it takes 4 1/2 months to receive it, that should be worth $19.