1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bridgestone Blizzak Tire Review

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by eseerc, Dec 20, 2013.

1. eseerc

eseerc Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi everyone,

I posted a couple months ago asking advice on a winter tire selection. I went with the Bridgestone Blizzaks for my winter treads. After a few heavy snowfalls (I live in Central Pennsylvania) I wanted to write a quick review.

Overall, I am extremely pleased the the Blizzaks. I purchased them from a local Firestone shop, who matched the prices on tirerack.com. 4 tires, mount and balance cost $408.00.

The tires, are quiet and respond extremely well in snow/wet conditions. Climbing snowy/slushy/icy moderate inclines has not been an issue and I have a newfound level of confidence behind the wheel in winter conditions. Braking response is great.

My MPGs dropped from 51-52 MPG for my regular commute (Mostly highway at 65 MPH) to 45-46 MPG.

I'm a tad weary of having no tread wear warranty, but the cost and performance of the tires have been a delight thus far. I hope to get 5 or 6 winters out of them.

My "normal" tire is the Bridgestone Ecopia 422 (which I also love) and my experience with the Ecopias factored largely into my decision to go with the Blizzaks.

Overall, Bridgestone has a new customer for life! I highly recommend these tires.

Merkey likes this.
  2. lizardskin

lizardskin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I hope these tires are good - I think I just ordered these for the 2011 Prius.