1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brilliant Blues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by razzledazzlebee, Feb 24, 2007.

1. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello, All!
    I thought it was high-tide ;) that a Seaside Pearl group was created. IMHO it is the prettiest color ever, with its sparkly paint & slightly purplish hue. I just picked mine up Monday the 19th. Who else is out here to join our club? [attachmentid=6679]

Attached Files:

2. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Many of us are already there. Please do not refer to it as baby blue. I would prefer that you referred to it as royal blue. My masculinity feels a bit threatened when you refer to me as a driver a baby blue car! :p

Congratulations on your purchase!

3. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(allargon @ Feb 24 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]395863[/snapback]</div>
    I know it's not called "baby blue", I was simply trying to come up with a creative name for the group. I chose "baby" because often people on here refer to their cars as their babies... No offense intented.

What do you mean "Many of us are already there."? I searched for seaside pearl group, blue group, etc, and I couldn't find one. Is there one out there already because I'd like to join. What is the link? :huh:

4. Atreides

Atreides New Member

I bought mine Thursday the 15th.

[​IMG]

5. allargon

allargon Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(razzledazzlebee @ Feb 24 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]395882[/snapback]</div>
    No worries. No offense taken. I said that in jest. I didn't mean to appear defensive, flustered or irritated when I posted that.

When I posted, "Many of us are already there," I jokingly meant many of us already bought our blue Prees, and that you were late to the party. (I only bought mine in Dec., so who's the hypocrite?)

Anyhoo, congrats again to you (and Atreides, too) on your "royal" purchase.

6. iaowings

iaowings New Member

Iv got an 06 I love blue cars. My last car was an Indy blue Mini cooper s

7. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    How about Brilliant Blue? Speaks to the intellect, as well as the shade.

8. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ron Dupuy @ Feb 24 2007, 05:13 PM) [snapback]395952[/snapback]</div>
    Sure, that sounds good, I'll change it now...

9. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    my vote is for .......cool blues!

Attached Files:

10. lordmakemeworthy

lordmakemeworthy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ Feb 25 2007, 01:24 AM) [snapback]396124[/snapback]</div>
    Hello from Minneapolis/St Paul Minnesota USA, Actually I was going to go silver or white, but I'm very happy with blue also.

Attached Files:

11. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lordmakemeworthy @ Feb 25 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]396498[/snapback]</div>
    That's an awesome picture! How did you get that close to the jet?

12. lordmakemeworthy

lordmakemeworthy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(razzledazzlebee @ Feb 25 2007, 09:47 PM) [snapback]396514[/snapback]</div>
    Just a retired military guy. This plane is going to move from Minnn/St Paul ANG to the CIA building (new) in Virginia. They - just swooped in and took it away. Kind of sad, this was a plane that flew Mach 3 in 1963. We did have some talent in the old day's in this beautiful country. They could photo a golf ball at 80,000 ft in the air and flew at almost 3000mph. Yes in 1963. Fuel, well that is another story. But, I doubt that there will ever be a plane like this again. Look at Utube and search for SR71 and things. But, our cars (prius) are the best is what is going now for us common folks. I'm past the sports cars. After all, they don't give us the ull strength "gas" at the pumps. Ethonal - whatever - corn. And, Yes you will lose mileage with this stuff. But, this is the world we live in. 85% sorry - I won't put this stuff in my car. 2006 prius. Best to you and all on this great site.

13. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lordmakemeworthy @ Feb 26 2007, 03:17 AM) [snapback]396593[/snapback]</div>
    What kind of gas are you putting in your Prius?

14. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Trixie Blu and I would love to join the Brilliant Blues! [​IMG]

15. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Count me in. I also thought it was a gorgeous blue, somewhat like water from a glacier melt. It's a stately blue rather than a "kid's toy" blue. HUMU is three years old today, not counting his trip over on the cargo ship.
    The other day, I counted six Seaside Pearls in the Seattle area. Seems a popular color in Seattle.[attachmentid=6701][attachmentid=6702]

Attached Files:

16. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ Feb 26 2007, 01:20 PM) [snapback]396745[/snapback]</div>
    Ooh, I like your flowers. :)
    In my area (WAY north, next to Canada) I don't see very many Prii, and most of them are silver. :)
    Why is your Prius named "HUMU"?

17. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(razzledazzlebee @ Feb 27 2007, 02:35 AM) [snapback]396755[/snapback]</div>
    When the 2004 Prius debuted, it was an instant hit with the car magazine writers. Road and Track loved what they called the "wedgy body triggerfish" shape. The Triggerfish is the state fish of Hawaii and is known there as "humu humu nuku nuku ap'aa" (one long word), which I shortened to "HUMU". I surmised that the only folks likely to get the meaning would be those who were either Hawaiian or had spent some time there. True enough, only three people have figured it out and all had been to the Islands. I thought the name fit and I still like it three years later.

The flowers are inserted into a sapphire blue bottle which fits nicely into the forward cup holder. Thanks for the response.

18. razzledazzlebee

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Are there any more brilliant blue owners out there?

19. Platypus

Platypus New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can count me in!

I should have taken these earlier in the day so the color was a bit brighter...

It's an '07 Touring Package 6 and I just got my stickers for it last month :) I'd put the YES! window-sticker on it too but the only good place ( back windows ) are tinted too dark for it to show up well :(

20. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    [attachmentid=6982]

My Glacier Blue at a Prius meet... (accompanied by some distinctly inferior shades :lol:).

Attached Files: