1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

British Columbia Eliminates Hybrid Rebate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Smooth Operator, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Smooth Operator

The government of BC promoted itself before a 2001 election as being environmentally friendly by increasing the tax rebate on the purchase of a hybrid vehicle.

They apparently didn't think to mention that they are also eliminating that rebate.

Effective April 1, 2008 the $2000 rebate will be reduced to $1000. And in 2009 it will be eliminated completely.

The full details are at http://www.rev.gov.bc.ca/ctb/publications/...ins/sst_085.pdf

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm not surprised the rebate will go by 2009. By then, Toyota should have a hybrid in every line, and there will be far more hybrids and other technologies from other companies. It was good while it lasted, I don't think I would've bought the Prius without that rebate.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    aww man. Oh well, that's still a few years from now. I got it BEFORE the $2,000 rebate and when they had "30% or $1,000 whichever is less". I got the "30%" which ended up to be $7xx. Oh well.

By then, let's hope the new Prius would be priced well enough that it won't need a rebate.