1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

British Ministers choose Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oxo, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    According to a report in today's (4 Feb 06) London Guardian the British government's car service for officials says "It has converted 42 of its fleet to run on liquid petroleum gas, and 15 ministers have chosen to use Toyota Prius electric petrol hybrid cars."

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/conservativ...1702127,00.html

2. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

man...I had to read the whole article just to see the Prius mentioned in the last sentence!

If that were completely true - good for them! And good for the UK taxpayers (ah, I remember those days). I only said that "if it were true" bit because it IS the media after all :lol:

I'm hoping in the next few years, that the majority of government assigned vehicles in the US will be hybrid. I've been working on this issue in our City Government...but there is still a lot of resistance.

When I was a Navy Recruiter so many, many years ago. We were all assigned little white sedans like a Dodge Aries or Chevy Celebrity. We drove miles upon miles to different locations. Just think if all government sedans nation wide were replaced with hybrids.

The government should be leading us by example.

3. Motorway

Motorway New Member

I see a lot of 2nd generation white Prius cars roaming the streets here in San Francisco, with the city emblem on the side doors. I'm not sure if it was Mayor Willie Brown or Gavin Newsom who got it started, but so far so good.