1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

British sailors nabbed...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TimBikes, Mar 30, 2007.

1. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The guys running that place are mental. Won't it be nice when they get the bomb.

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, then they could nuke the foreign troops harassing their coastline. :rolleyes:

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TimBikes @ Mar 30 2007, 04:20 AM) [snapback]414753[/snapback]</div>
    I for one am not laughing - look at the duplicity which we here in the US of A find ourselves...

The Iranians illegally take into custody members of the armed forces of GB - which are now POW's - NO OUTRAGE from our press or people

The Iranians Illegally make the female POW wear a headscraft (imagine if we put crosses or Kippa's on all the GITMO POW's what would have happend) - NO OUTRAGE from our press or people

The Iranians Illegally broadcast pictures of them - NO OUTRAGE from our press or people

The Iranians Illegally force confessions from them - NO OUTRAGE from our press or people

Why the double standard between how we conduct ourselves and how our enemies conduct themselves? Where is the NY Times or the WaPo? Where is reed, pelosi, kennedy - all the abu graib people? were all all the UN people? this points to the impotence of the UN security council - its all a joke. imho - one standard for all - either the standard that we are held to or the standard you hold our enemies too - PERIOD.

we see evil and call it good and we see good and call it evil.

4. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 30 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]414815[/snapback]</div>
    That is just the reaction from the elitist media, most folks I know are outraged.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Mar 30 2007, 04:56 AM) [snapback]414761[/snapback]</div>
    Harassing their costline or patrolling Iraqi waters? A huge difference in my book but obviously all the same to you. ;)

5. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    So how would you feel if Iranian warships were sailing up and down off the coast from New York, in the name of patrolling Canadian waters?

Get some ****ing perspective.

6. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 30 2007, 09:08 AM) [snapback]414815[/snapback]</div>
    good point! But (there is always a but isn't there :) ) where is the White House statement calling for the release of the POWs. Where is Cheney's statement that this is a despicable act? Where are the repubs giving passionate speeches in congress and on Faux News (sorry I couldn't resist) The blame goes both ways you know!

Honestly who cares where the Brits where, one side claims on thing, the other the opposite, we probably won't ever have proof unless we have satellite imagery of that event. What I want to know is what Iran thinks they are accomplishing with this? The letters published by the POWs ..come on what a joke, written under duress. What comes to mind is the Israelis going after their two soldiers a few months back and starting some serious fire fights. What is the UK going to do?

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Remember when the British fought Argentina over a small island with a bunch of sheep a few years back. They showed then that they meant business. Maybe it is time for them to stand up again.

8. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Seems that the Brits are afraid of going after them...all because of Iran's hold on the oil trade...yet another reason to get rid of dependence on foreign oil.

That's not a slam on the Brits, btw. I think this is a terribly fine edge that both Iran and England are walking. And I am surprised at the US's lack of support; I would have thought we had kinda a quid pro quo relationship with the UK.

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Would you prefer that the British prisoners were treated to the same 'modified interrogation procedures' made popular by the United States?

Hmmmm, wearing a headscraft...water torture...I'm not sure I see a difference.

10. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 30 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]415236[/snapback]</div>
    The Brits told the Yanks in no uncertain terms to stay out of it.

11. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Mar 30 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]415252[/snapback]</div>
    Is this true? I mean, I read the article, but there seemed to be no quotes or official statements.

However, it does make sense. Right now, it's a small fire that the Brits are trying to contain. Bush=a large can of gasoline. Or a gasbag, whichever you prefer.

12. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 30 2007, 06:15 PM) [snapback]415259[/snapback]</div>
    I read the same thing in the Los Angeles Times a few days ago. It was easier to find this Guardian article, though.