1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

British T4 Prius

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by sparkymarvin, Mar 22, 2005.

1. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hi everyone,

I'm not an international owner, but I thought this would be a good place to ask my question.

I have seen ads for the Prius T4, and believe it exists over in the UK. I was wondering why they call it the "T4." What does that mean? Ushually when I see a "T" I think turbocharged, but I am pretty confident that isn't the case here. Maybe T is for Toyota? Maybe the 4 is for the four combustion chambers?

It's a mystery to me. Any guesses?

Cheers,

~Andrew

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    It's just the way Toyota UK names their grades. They've used it for only maybe 3 years or so. Previously they used letters like GLS and CDX.

Each model might have T2, T3, T4 grades, a T Spirit at the top, and maybe a T Sport fast version.

The Prius comes in T3, T4 and T Spirit versions. (The lack of a T2 reflects how well equipped it is). The T3 has VSC, side+curtain airbags. The T4 adds cruise control, JBL audio and front foglights. The T Spirit adds the nav system.

In logo form, the "3", "4" and "Spirit" are subscripted under the T. I assume the T stands for Toyota.

3. sparkymarvin

sparkymarvin Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow neat,

Thank you for the info.
    So if I bought my Prius in the UK it would be a T4.

Are there any T1 models? For example in the Vitz/Echo line?

Thanks again,

~Andrew

PS. I'm going to keep an eye out on ebay for a T4 emblem. I'd love to put one on my car just for fun.