1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Brokaw, 'Global Warming' host, is chilled by gas-guzzlers

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by Areometer, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Tom Brokaw to gas-guzzling whiners: Serves you right.

The former NBC anchor, proud owner of a 44-mile-per-gallon Prius hybrid, has no sympathy for monster-car owners who complain at the pump.

"I love it when they have to pay a hundred dollars for a fill-up," says Brokaw, host of Discovery Channel's Global Warming: What You Need to Know at 9 p.m. Sunday. "I want to pat them on the back and say, 'How does it feel now?'

"I've been in Humvees, but only in combat zones. They will be one of the great dinosaurs of our time, on display in car museums. I like cars and vehicles, but I always thought that one was nuts, especially in New York and the Hamptons.

>> Read More

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sounds like now that he's no longer the front-man he's going to speak his mind.
    I just set my DVR to record it.

3. triphop

triphop New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jul 12 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]284954[/snapback]</div>
    Yes Sir - The more high profile people we get to work against the **SERIOUS** money at work in the denial camp, the better.

4. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Areometer -- I've always wanted to ask you...

Your avatar seems so angry. You seem like a nice guy, but then that avatar glares at me, chilling me to my core. I think your avatar would kick my avatar's butt -- and really wants to! Is your avatar a bully?

5. Areometer

Areometer Silver Business Sponsor

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My avatar is indeed angry but not bullish. He is angry over a few things: Big car companies killed their EV, some 3rd world country weans off of importing fossil fuel totally while we've not, certain sellout scientists trying to hide the true cause of global warming, etc.

But he's still a nice guy.