1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Broke clip on cabin air filter tray

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dmclennan, Jul 6, 2008.

1. dmclennan

dmclennan New Member

Was changing the cabin air filter on my 2007 Prius. Dropped the plastic tray and broke one of the plastic side clips that hold the tray tight into the frame. Can this be glued back together and what type of glue (plastic, crazy glue,...)? Can a new tray be purchased, part number and price?
    Thanks

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    if i were you i would call these guys
    i don't want to be responsible for you ordering the incorrect part
    but judging from the illustration, the tray costs $10.42 and toyota calls
    it a filter cover
    http://albanytroy.toyotapartscenter.net

Attached Files:

3. dmclennan

dmclennan New Member

Not as bad as first appeared. Thanks to rigormortis, the tray can be purchased from albanytroy toyota for $10.42 + shipping or local Toyota dealer for around $13 (88899-47010). I did manage to glue the clip using CA glue + spray. Replaced air filter and the clip held, so I think I'm good till the next cabin filter change. Tough to glue this plastic and I don't think it will hold, but can always purchase a new tray next time around.

Something to be careful with - the tray is very fragile. I dropped from about 4' and it landed on the corner with the clip. Clip broke clean off. If you look at the corner, the clip is held on by a thin 1/4" plastic.

Thanks again for your help!