1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Broken Auxillary Box

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by azddavero, May 2, 2005.

1. azddavero

azddavero New Member

After about 8K miles on my 04 the auxillary box in the ceiling by the dome lights fell out. I use it twice every day to operate my garage door opener. I know I can take it back to the dealer for repair, but I don't want the bother if not necessary. I've removed the 2 screws from the housing, but it's still mounted pretty solid.

Does anyone know how do get the housing out? It looks like there is a clip of some sort that needs to be inserted back in the door, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

If you just got the car, why do the work, taking the risk of doing more damage?

3. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm not advocating you do the work yourself, but instructions/pictures are available here as part of the electrochromatic mirror option installation. You can also find actual electrochromatic mirror installation instructions somewhere (Toyota TechInfo if nowhere else). I followed a similar procedure this weekend to install a direct-power adapter.

4. azddavero

azddavero New Member

Great Joe, thanks. I'll look into the drawings. The only reason I'd do it myself is we're going on vacation in 2 days and I wouldn't have time to get it to a dealer.