1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

broken chip in sks fob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HybridCrys, Apr 24, 2018.

1. HybridCrys

HybridCrys New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi! Back in March, while trying to change battery in fob/figure out why it wouldn't open the doors, my husband inadvertently broke the chip off. We ordered a new one off e-bay. It arrived, and was installed, yet it doesn't work. Ughhh. Contacted several locksmiths, most of which flaked out, until finally one came out. He brought multiple gadgets with him, and tried so many things to program this fob to my car. All of which failed. We have since ordered the cable and techstream software.....in hopes of programming the fob ourselves. Does anyone know if this is going to work? Or did we just waste more time and money? Someone from Toyota said to tow the car in, and they would program the fob....funny thing is....the car is parked in such a way that it would be somewhat difficult to load it onto a trailer, and then to tow it into the city is another hassle. We only have the one fob with silver logo.....bought the car used. Thanks for any input on this.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

try searching for fob programming, i don't recall ever reading about replacing the chip.