1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bruins baby!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Caug1, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Caug1

Caug1 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Bruins all the way.

1 person likes this.
  2. bawzp9

bawzp9 Caries eliminator

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    what a good series/at the same time epic fail by vancouver. good post-game rioting by the fans, however.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was in Vancouver BC last weekend I guess when a Canucks game was going on. :confused: (I don't know squat about hockey or who they were even playing against. Heck, I didn't even know the name of their team until much later.)

There were lots of people in the street wearing jerseys, cheering, etc. and some of the downtown streets were very busy w/pedestrians and some parts blocked off.

4. MSK

MSK Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Good for the Bruins! It was a great series and I would have been happy for either team. Epic Fail by the Vancouver fans however.... Totally classless.

1 person likes this.
  5. Eoin

Eoin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You know it's bad when Boston scores every time Vancouver gets a power play.

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Rioting in Vancouver...Hey, Let's make out!!!

From a thread on TiVocommunity titled "Rioting in Vancouver...Hey, Let's make out!!!" :) Maybe they're Bruins fans...

[​IMG]

Original at Photos: Angry Canucks fans erupt in violence on Vancouver's streets.

From the TV coverage I saw last night, when I was in Vancouver over the weekend, I was in that area. I went to the CBC building (since it was a V filming location) and passed by the post office.

7. skilbovia

skilbovia Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    After the hit on Horton, I said that it had all changed for the Canucks. They weren't gonna get away with any cheap shots anymore and would be forced to play Bruins style hockey. That's hard legal checking and fighting for the puck along the boards. The Canucks wouldn't and couldn't play real hockey. They folded in game seven. And who the hell was that Luongo guy? I've seen better goaltending in junior hockey. I've never seen a team that deserved to lose more than the Canucks. As for the Vancouver fans? They are the absolute worst pile of thugs I have ever seen.

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Police are still investigating, but early reports suggest there were thugs within the crowd who came prepared to start trouble, win or lose. It's likely they weren't Canuck fans and maybe not even from Vancouver. So, to call everyone who's ever cheered for a certain hockey team 'the absolute worst pile of thugs you've ever seen' is a bit much. 99.99 percent of them are law-abiding citizens who are just as embarrassed and outraged by the violence as anyone else.

And it's not like no other city has ever had a riot following - or during - a sports event before. Too many people in a small space imbibing too much alcohol, whipped into a partisan frenzy, tends to have that effect.

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i heard on the news that these are the same people who riot at the world bank meetings and they travel around the world stirring up trouble and wreaking havoc.

10. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius