1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Phone: Length of time to start conversation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kpauley, Oct 17, 2005.

1. kpauley

kpauley New Member

I've noticed in the couple times I've used the Bluetooth Phone setup with my Blackberry 7100 on outgoing dials the conversation does not go to the speakers until after the connection is established. So I don't hear any ringings, busy, etc, just the person there who has already said hello so there is this ackward moment of silence...

Is there any way to adjust this? Others having this issue?

Ken

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When someone calls my Nokia 6230, the phone rings for a few seconds before the call is handed over to the car. I'm not aware of this being a changeable setting, but when what I have works I don't always play a lot.

Perhaps you need to experiment with your phone's setup...

3. kpauley

kpauley New Member

I've discovered more. Others have probably figured this out but I haven't found much on this so I'll put it out there anyway.

When you dial from your phone, with it paired to the car, you will always experience this delay for the conversation to start. Really annoying, but that's the way it goes I guess.

However, if you dial from an address book entry or with 1-touch dialing from the MFD, you hear the ringing and everything. The entire call is broadcast, no more issue!

This works pretty well for me, because 95% of my outbound calling I'll be able to do from a 1-touch dial I think....

Ken

4. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

5. Priscilla

Priscilla Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have the same delay. If the number I'm calling is not in my car phone book I've been disconnecting the bluetooth to make a call. I'm using a Razor V3. I have also noticed that occasionally, when my call ends and the radio resumes, my radio is tuned to a different station - not one I ever listen to! Also, sometimes when I make a call, even from my car phone book, I don't hear anyone answer but they hear my radio. I've taken it to the dealer and of course it didn't do it for them. They could find nothing to fix and said there were no repair bulletins for this matter. Anyone else observe these anomalies? :blink: