1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BT Stiffening Plate installed!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Presto, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just installed the stiffening plate last night. Took about 30 min total to install it. It would've been easier if I was thinking properly. I raised the front of the car instead of the bank. Putting it on the jack stands took awhile so I just decided to work on it as is. The improvement is definitely noticeable with cornering. It body rolls significantly less, and doesn't understeer as easily when taking corners quick. Good results plus excellent customer service make this a must buy!

Now I just have to wait for the other suspension parts, that I ordered, to be delivered.

2. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thank you Daniel for your review!! I am glad our stiffening plate got to you "safe and sound" up in Canada!! :)

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Mar 31 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]232742[/snapback]</div>

3. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm looking forward to receiving my BT Stiffening plate soon. The dealership where I bought the car said they'd be more than happy to install it for me...

4. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for your order!! You should have received a tracking number via UPS Quantum view notify. If not, please email me for your shipping info.

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gilahiker @ Mar 31 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]232986[/snapback]</div>

5. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BT Tech @ Mar 31 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]233078[/snapback]</div>
    Brian,

I did e-mail you via PC, forgot to include my e-mail address but then I figure you must have it through the order. No tracking number yet, but I did only order yesterday. With all the good press about the BT Stiffening Plate and our high winds out here it just seemed the sensible thing to do...order one that is. I am hoping I get it and get it installed before the road trip to Albuquerque next week...

6. BVISAILMAN

BVISAILMAN Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Brian.....Just a quick note, I ordered the stiffening plate and tool on Sunday evening the 26th and here it is Friday the 31st and it was delivered today. quality looks first rate and there is NO way to install it wrong. ONE quick question.....without a torgue wrench using a 3/8 ratchet how tight? gentle pressure> medium> or a lot>

I would guess just snug it up with gentle pressure....

Now all I need is for my Prius to arrive...I am supposed to take delivery of a loaded Prius between the 9th and 17th.... can't wait......I also heard about some other suspension mods? where might I find them?

Thanks,
    Bill A
    Boston

7. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you do not have access to a torque wrench tighten the bolts using your rachet until you start to feel resitance. Then go another 1/4 turn to where the bolt feels tight and secure against the plate. You do NOT want to over tighten the bolts!! This is why I speicify a torque value of 22-24 lbs/ft.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks!!

Brian
    BT Tech
    305-652-3115

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BVISAILMAN @ Mar 31 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]233163[/snapback]</div>

8. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't have a torque wrench, or the appropriate hex socket. But
    I know what 20+ pounds feels like. So I slipped a pipe over the end
    of an ordinary hex wrench, put my hand a foot away from the pivot
    point, and made sort of like I was at the gym.
    At some point I'll be back under there and check up on it. When I
    took the original brace off, its bolts were not particularly tight,
    so it wouldn't surprise me that with the stresses that probably
    happen under there, things will loosen up a little and re-seat
    themselves.
    _H*

9. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The install was really simple. After some more driving, I must say that I am even more impressed with the difference the stiffening plate made to the handling characteristics. There are particular on ramps and off ramps that have a nice sharp curve that I know would cause TRAC to kick in. I am pleased to say the the Prius sticks right on the course now.

Driving in general has improved. The car feels more solid. Wind gusts and turbulence hitting the Prius don't seem as noticeable. Fun factor has been increased! :)